The American Land Title Association (ALTA) exists to help our members excel in a changing business and regulatory environment. To accomplish our mission, we advocate on behalf of our members’ and the industry’s interests, provide education and information to our members, offer networking opportunities, and create and promote professional industry standards. In 2021, ALTA will focus on these strategic priorities to help ALTA members:
Tell Our Story
- Expand and deepen the public awareness campaign begun in 2020 to communicate with target audiences inside and outside our industry describing who we are, the value we bring, and the opportunities the industry provides.
- Maintain and enhance relationships and understanding of our industry with industry partners, relevant agencies and policymakers focused on Federal real estate and housing policy.
- Utilize resources to better connect our entire membership to power grassroots support for our advocacy efforts.
- Develop benchmarks to understand what key audiences think about title insurance and the closing process.
Protect Your Customers’ Privacy and Investment
- Promote awareness of closing scams and other real estate fraud to the general public.
- Educate members about both cyber and physical environment security threats to their businesses and impact of, and compliance with, comprehensive state laws related to data privacy.
- Promote best practices, industry principles and tools for compliance to industry stakeholders.
- Collaborate with industry partners on advocacy efforts, including at the federal level.
Promote Digital Closings
- Educate the industry about the benefits and risks associated with digital closings.
- Develop tools and education to help members add digital closing options to their business.
- Advocate for federal, state and local regulatory and legislative improvements to meet industry needs for implementation of digital closings.
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders on digital closing adoption (including MBA, MISMO and GSEs).
Develop and Retain Talent in a Changing World of Work
- Explore programs to help members acquire and develop talent which is reflective of the communities they serve.
- Develop programs to help workers navigate the changing workplace.