- What Information We Collect
ALTA collects information from our users at several different points on this website including individual data (especially when you are logged in) and aggregate data, such as number of access attempts by page. ALTA gathers this information to maintain membership records, process transactions, fulfill your requests and improve your experience. This information includes:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles)
- Information necessary to complete a registration for a meeting, webinar or other event
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data)
- Cookie or megapixel data that can be stored on your machine for use either during a particular session ("session" cookie) or for future use ("persistent" cookie)
- Sensitive information such as credit card data to complete purchases
- How We Use This Information
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as TitleNews, TitleNews Online, Advocacy Update, News You Can Use, Digital Fix and marketing emails.
- Notify you of updates to our sites
- Notify you of relevant products and services
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware (Leadership, Membership and Vendor directories)
- Track usage of our sites
- Help consumers find companies that provide title insurance and other settlement services in their area
ALTA may also use any non-personal or anonymous data about you for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans. ALTA may disclose any data deemed necessary to comply with any applicable law or on the request of any appropriate authority.
- Associated Companies
ALTA may share some or all of your data with its associated websites or companies (Home Closing 101, Title Action Network, ALTA Title & Settlement Agent Registry, ALTA Good Deeds Foundation and Land Title Institute). In these cases, ALTA will require associated companies to comply with this policy.
- Third Parties
- Email contact information
ALTA does not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except as necessary to produce the association's membership and leadership directories, the ALTA Marketplace, HomeClosing101's services and the attendee list for ALTA meetings. ALTA may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by ALTA together with other communications which you have subscribed.
ALTA will not share, sell or otherwise provide contact information about you except for the following purposes:
Partners in our partnership and Elite Provider Programs for the limited purpose of informing you about the company’s participation in the program and any ALTA events or discounts they are sponsoring
- Exhibitors at ALTA trade shows for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, as part of an affinity or other membership discount program approved by ALTA
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public
ALTA implements various security measures to protect the security of your personal information, both online and offline.
- Business Transfers
As ALTA continues to develop its business, the association might sell or buy entities or assets. In such transactions, user information, including personal data, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information on the website you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.
- Notification of Changes
- Updating Your Information
You have the ability to review, change or remove your personal data contained on our database. You can change your personal data or request that ALTA removes your personal data from its database at any time.