Education Sessions on Best Practices Planned for 2014 Annual Convention
October 9, 2014
There's certainly a lot to do in the eclectic and sophisticated city of Seattle while attending ALTA's 2014 Annual Convention, which will take place Oct. 15-18 at the Westin in Seattle. Don't take our word for it, Travel Channel's Anthony Bourdain's recently visited the Emerald City and offered tips on things to do, see and eat. We've already planned several tours, plus there's the ninth annual Michael F. Wille Memorial TIPAC Golf Tournament at The Golf Club at Newcastle.
Aside from the fantastic sights and delicious food, ALTA has developed a robust lineup of professional development sessions designed to give you a competitive advantage in the market. Sessions include topics to aid implementation of ALTA's Best Practices, how to streamline your operation, legal and regulatory changes, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and sales and marketing strategies to help you drive profits and grow market share.
Here’s a look at the professional development sessions dedicated to Best Practices:
- Stories from the Front Lines: ALTA Best Practices Implementation: You don't want to be at risk for losing your important lending relationships. Come learn what worked and what didn’t from others that have successfully implemented ALTA's Best Practices. What kind of time and resources are necessary for successful implementation? What is the risk of noncompliance? You'll have an opportunity to ask questions and learn from those who are already compliant.
- Preventing Complaints from Becoming Claims: When does a complaint become a claim? Who is making it and what do they expect? Join us for a discussion of how to properly document and escalate.
- E-Recording Overview and Charging Accurate Closing Costs: Adopting appropriate policies and conducting ongoing employee training can ensure that a real estate settlement company can meet state, federal and contractual obligations governing the settlement process and provide a safe and compliant settlement. This session will discuss how e-recording can help you meet recording requirements as well as the importance of developing procedures to ensure customers are charged established rates.
- 10 Steps To Business Preparedness: This session will provide the audience with a guide on 10 simple steps to preparing an American Land Title Association member for any type of business interruption.
- Technology Considerations You'll Need to be Successful in the CFPB Era: With the CFPB’s new integrated mortgage disclosure rules fast approaching, the landscape of how settlement service companies interact with lenders will change. This session will outline the specific technology milestone you should be thinking about and working on, including who and how the Closing Disclosure will be produced, security of NPI data, e-signature, quality control and closing collaboration with the lenders.
Click here for more information.
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or email@example.com.