Live from ALTA's Business Strategies Conference - Wednesday April 22, 2009
April 22, 2009
Tuesday's Event wrapped up with a Lunch and keynote speech from Vice President and Chief Economist of Stewart Title Guaranty Co., Ted C. Jones, Ph.D. who gave his very enlightening and at times hilariously entertaining view of where the economy is today and is headed in the near future.
It was a busy three days in San Antonio, but ALTA's Business Strategies Conference went off without a hitch! After re-configuring the focus of the meeting to focus on compliance/legal issues, business management strategies, and business development tactics in addition to new technology solutions, we were able to fully engage and prepare independent title agents, abstracters, underwriter agents, and other business professionals for the future of the title industry. Thanks to all who attended and participated for making it a complete success!
If you weren't able to attend the Conference, here's a quick summary of what you missed:
- A Cross-Industry Presentation on How to Work Together with Partner Groups
- A Special Presentation by ALTA's RESPA Implementation Taskforce
- 2 Panels from Agents and Abstracters on How to Face Common Title Industry Concerns
- A Detailed Economic Forecast by Ted C. Jones, Ph. D.
- 2 Sessions of Roundtable Discussions about 7 Important Title Industry Issues
- 20 Hours of Professional Development Sessions
- Up to 5 hours of CE/CLE Credit Opportunities
- 3 Hours of Vendor Demo Sessions
- And Over 28 Hours of Networking Opportunities!
Again, ALTA would like to thank all of our attendees, speakers and exhibitors for making this meeting a success. For more information about what you missed or how to download audio versions of select meeting sessions, visit our website at www.alta.org or contact Cornelia at 202-261-2941.