Do You Know the State Laws in Your Market?
October 20, 2020
Looking to expand your operation into a new state? Unsure of changes to licensing or operating requirements, or special requirements and exemptions for attorneys?
ALTA’s Title Insurance Regulatory Surveys (TIRS) provides a comprehensive collection of title industry regulatory information and practices. The surveys, developed by industry regulatory counsel, have been recently updated for the following states:
- Volume 1: Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire and New York
- Volume 2: New Jersey and Virginia
- Volume 3: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin
- Volume 4: Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and Colorado
- Volume 5: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Virginia
- Volume 6: Idaho, Nevada and Oregon
Information can be purchased for specific states as well.
Here are a few topics included in each survey:
- Monoline statutes
- Annual reports and audit requirements for title insurers
- Rate regulation
- Title agent licensing and testing
- Capital and surplus requirements for title agents
- Title plant requirements
- Special requirements and exemptions for attorneys
- Unauthorized Practice of Law issues
- Bonding and insurance requirements for escrow and closing personnel
- Who Can close/who actually does close
- Controlled business issues
Click here for pricing information and to subscribe.
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.