A Look at Modern Payment Rails and Impact on Good Funds Laws
The way people send and receive money is changing. Register for this Qualia-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar to learn about the different types of payment rails and the new resources available to help evaluate what payment methods are appropriate for real estate transactions. Additionally, the webinar will address what updates can be made to state good funds laws to allow for the expanded use of certain types of payment rails, including Real Time Payments and FedNow.
- Chris Hultzman | Vice President of Corporate Underwriting | First American Title Insurance Co.
- Michael O'Neal | Vice President of Corporate Underwriting | First American Title Insurance Co.
- Mickey Vandenberg | Vice President of Escrow Operations | Stewart Title
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Dec. 5
Real-life Uses of AI in Title
The title insurance industry is at the brink of a significant transformation, with artificial intelligence and Large Language Models (LLM) like ChatGPT providing an opportunity to bring about groundbreaking efficiencies and accuracy. Register for this ALTA Insights webinar, sponsored by FNF Family of Companies, to learn where these powerful tools can be used, while carefully managing potential risks.
- Jack O'Donohue | Managing Partner | Touchstone Closing
- Robert Zwink | Chief Technical Officer | Razi Title
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Nov. 15
To JV or Not to JV: That Is the Question
During this downturn in the mortgage and real estate markets, title companies may contemplate entering some type of business relationship with real estate agents or lenders. Joint ventures may ensure that orders come your way, but what are the risks? The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is cracking down on RESPA violations and is focused on abusive practices that harm consumers. Register for this SoftPro-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar, as attorney Jeff Ehrlich analyzes the potential pitfalls and why title companies should be cautious when forming joint ventures.
- Jeff Ehrlich | Partner | McGuireWoods
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Sept. 27
ALTA Insights: Why Cyber Insurance is Non-negotiable for the Title Industry
The title industry has seen an increase in cyberattacks, including the severity of the repercussions that follow. Register for this Old Republic Title-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar as Naval Officer Joe Brunsman, a well-known cyber insurance risk expert and best-selling author of Damage Control: Cyber Insurance and Compliance, takes a deep dives into the topics of cyber liability coverage, new safeguard data security requirements, important security regimes and important exclusions. What you don’t know will hurt you.
- Joseph Brunsman | Managing Member | Brunsman Advisory Group LLC
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Sept. 13
CE/CLE is available for this webinar.
ALTA Insights: Your Ultimate Guide to Video Marketing Success
Want to learn the secrets to creating compelling,
conversation-driven videos that will leave your competitors in awe? Register for the
RamQuest-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar “The Ultimate Guide to Video Marketing,”
as Wayne Stanley, owner of Bowe Digital, will guide you through a
transformative journey, uncovering the art and science behind creating videos
that engage, inspire and convert. From mastering the art of storytelling to
harnessing the latest trends and technologies, we will show you how to make your
videos stand out in an overcrowded digital landscape.
- Wayne Stanley | Owner and Chief Inspiration Officer | Bowe Digital
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Aug. 16
ALTA Insights: The Need for Zero Trust Security
Malware continues to be a major problem for organizations. Ransomware in particular is on the rise with nearly 40% of organizations reported to have been hit by an attack. This impacts organizations in many ways that may be harmful to their business, including loss of productivity, financially, negative brand association and loss of income, among other consequences. This SoftPro-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar will teach you how to revamp your security strategy through the Zero Trust framework. This approach uniquely addresses the modern challenges of today’s business, including securing remote workers, hybrid cloud environments and ransomware threats.
- Daryl Crook | Senior Sales Engineer | Forcepoint
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Aug. 2
ALTA Insights: The Risks of Unregulated Title Alternatives
The focus on housing
affordability is driving Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to test unregulated title
alternatives—including a reported pilot that would waive title insurance
requirements on certain loan purchases as well as expand the use of attorney
opinion letters. These approaches present significant risk to consumers,
lenders and the housing finance system. This Qualia-sponsored webinar will
provide background on these proposals, highlight policymaker concerns with
these products, discuss ALTA’s perspective and detail what you can do
to help inform policymakers why title insurance is the best option to protect
- Chris Morton | Senior Vice President of Public Affairs | ALTA
- Steve Gottheim | General Counsel | ALTA
- Emily Tryon | Vice President of Government Affairs | ALTA
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, July 26
ALTA Insights: You’ve Been Subpoenaed, Now What?
In the title and settlement industry, it is common to be served with a subpoena to produce documents relating to a previous transaction. Register for this AccuTitle-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar to learn about best practices for responding and providing required documents, while staying in compliance with industry regulations.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, July 12
ALTA Insights: Pros and Cons of Today’s Technology
With the massive increase in the use of artificial intelligence and robotic process automation in our everyday lives, and algorithms that are constantly improving, what are the pros and cons of these powerful technologies? Is it a force for good, for evil or somewhere in between? Register for this RamQuest-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar to learn how your title company or law firm can best utilize AI and robotic process software to improve efficiency and service and also learn the potential dangers about how criminals can use the same technology to steal data and money. CE/CLE is available for this webinar.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, June 21
ALTA Insights: Easy Marketing Design for Beginners
Struggling with how to market your business? This Dell-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar will take you from beginner to professional quality marketing materials in one hour. Learn how to use Canva and ALTA marketing templates to create consistent branding and professional quality marketing materials quickly and without breaking the budget. No design, graphic or marketing experience necessary. This isn't just another boring webinar about what you "should" do, this live demo will teach you "how."
- Sabrina Bier | Director of Digital Media and Education | Proper Title
- Cheryl Evans | Director of Operations and Solution Architect | Wicked Title Forum
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, June 14
ALTA Insights: What to Expect at ALTA Advocacy Summit
Whether you’ve been to ALTA Advocacy Summit before or this will be your first experience, be sure to attend this webinar to get a taste of the issues we’ll be discussing on Capitol Hill, learn more about the lay of the land onsite and find out how to use our new user-friendly app to keep track of your schedule. The ALTA staff will even give you the insider’s track on the best networking opportunities to attend while you’re in our nation’s capital.
The webinar will focus on:
- Key issues we will discuss during the ALTA Advocacy Summit, such as the latest developments related to unregulated title insurance alternatives, mission creep and other issues that could imperil the stability of the housing market.
- What ALTA and the larger industry are doing to collaborate on housing policy and support housing affordability.
- Event speakers and sessions.
- Best practices on how to conduct successful meetings with members of Congress and their staff.
- Chris Morton | Chief Advocacy Officer| ALTA
- Emily Tryon | Vice President of Government Affairs | ALTA
- Leah Shimp Vass | Director of Grassroots & Political Affairs | ALTA
- Kevin Cameron | Director of Federal Government Affairs | ALTA
- Lincoln Clapper | Chief Sales Officer | Advocacy Associates
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, May 3
ALTA Insights: The State of Wire Fraud in the Title Industry
Significant progress has been made in our industry over the past few years on wire fraud awareness and education. However, the latest FBI IC3 and CertifID State of Wire Fraud reports contain some surprising findings on just how prevalent wire fraud really is. We've compiled the key takeaways from these new 2022 reports and will discuss:
- Who is being impacted by wire fraud?
- What types of transactions are being targeted most?
- What are the chances of success in recovering from a fraud incident?
- Who has seen success in preventing fraud, and how?
for this Qualia-sponsored webinar to learn more about wire fraud trends, the forecast for
the future and how you can keep your title business protected.
- Matt McBride | VP of Risk Management and Compliance | Shaddock National Holdings
- Tom Cronkright | Executive Chairman | CertifID
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET, April 19
ALTA Insights: Marketing Tips for Title Agents With Limited Resources
Business is down and you’ve tightened the budget, but now is not the time to slash your marketing efforts. Your company needs a marketing strategy to stay connected to current customers and reach new ones. Register for this CertifID-sponsored ALTA Insights webinar and hear from an industry expert who will share easy and inexpensive marketing strategies and techniques that won’t break the bank or demand too much time.
- Dean Collura | CEO | TitleTap
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, April 12
ALTA Best Practices: Review of Changes and Impact on Your Operation
New digital payment options, increasing fraud threats and new regulations and laws, as well as changes to business and market needs led to recent updates to the ALTA Best Practices. The changes are focused on the continual improvement to operations and primarily involve escrow accounting, and privacy and information security programs to protect non-public information, as well as an overhaul to enhance the closing and settlement process. Register for this SoftPro-sponsored webinar to get an overview of the changes, when the revisions will go into effect and the impact on certification.
- Craig Haskins | Chief Operating Officer | Knight Barry Title Group
- Tara Smith | President, Agency Services | Stewart Title Guaranty Co.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, March 8
ALTA Insights: Measuring Employee Satisfaction to Maintain Profitability
Although your company is successful overall, are all departments working to their full potential? Employees’ attitudes toward an organization have a significant effect on how they approach their jobs, how they treat customers and on employee turnover. Research also suggests that high levels of employee satisfaction are associated with higher productivity and profitability. Register for the next ALTA Insights webinar to learn how to measure employee satisfaction not only at the overall corporate level but also within departments to help you discern how well each department is functioning. Hear from title company leaders who have used the results to improve their operations, company culture and bottom line.
- David Long | Senior Consultant | DecisionWise
- Ted Rogers | President | Security Title Guarantee Corp. of Baltimore
- Shonna Cardello | President | White Rose Settlement Services
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Feb. 22
Shifting Market Strategies: Top Title Sales and Marketing Myths … Busted
There are countless myths in the title industry when it comes to sales and marketing. We often “think” we know what will grow our business, what customers desire and how to create experiences that will keep them coming back. In this webinar, we will take those top myths and bust them using data, direct feedback and thoughtful marketing and sales approaches. Attendees will learn simple and actionable tasks that will help a title agency survive and thrive in any market.
Sam Trimble | Vice President of Strategic Growth | MyHome, a Williston Financial Group Company
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Feb. 15
ALTA Insights: How to Build a Positive Ownership Culture to Weather Market Headwinds
Building a culture of ownership with your employees can drive results. Employees will feel more empowered to do great work and be more invested in your organization’s success. Developing this culture is even more important now as the market continues to contract and it becomes more competitive for purchase orders.
Steve Rudolph | Founder | Steve Rudolph Coaching
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Jan. 26
ALTA Insights: 2023 Mortgage and Housing Market Outlook
The latest residential lending and home sales forecasts are not very favorable. Total mortgage origination volume is predicted to decline to $2.05 trillion in 2023 from the $2.26 trillion expected in 2022. In addition, existing home sales are predicted to decrease nearly 7% in 2023 compared to 2022. Register for this ALTA Insights webinar to learn how future actions by the Federal Reserve to tame inflation and ongoing affordability challenges will impact the housing market so you can best prepare your operation over the next year.
- Ted C. Jones PhD | Chief Economist – Senior Vice President | Stewart Title Guaranty Co.
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Jan. 23