What is TIPAC?
The Title Industry Political Action Committee (TIPAC) is the voluntary, non-partisan Political Action Committee (PAC) of the America Land Title Association. It is the only PAC that directly represents the interest of the title industry in our nation's political system. TIPAC raises money to help elect and re-elect candidates to Congress who understand and support the issues affecting the title industry.
Diamond ($5,000)Jim Blair IV
Randall E Bradley
Monica Gilroy NTP
Paul A. Hofmann WTP
Cornelia M. Horner CMP
Donald A. O'Neill
Kelly Lyn Romeo CAE
Lisa M Steele
Quinn H. Stufflebeam
Emerald ($2,500 - $4,999)Michael Brandner
Jill A. Bunch
Robert E. Burgess III
Scott T. Chandler CTIS, NTP
Steven G. Day NTP
Cara L. Detring NTP
Blake P. Hanby
Gregory M Kosin
Jack Rattikin III
Richard H. Welshons NTP
Platinum ($1,000 - $2,499)Andrew Acker
Deborah S. Bailey Esq.
Craig L. Burns
Andrea S. Ewan
Marianne Mathieu NTP
Thomas D. Richardson
Michael L. Rubin IEP, NTP
Chris H St. John KTP, NTP
Mark R. Till
Gregory N. Wick
Daniel M. Wold
Gold ($500 - $999)Brandi Elaine Abercrombie CESP, CTIP, NTP
Paula J. Bachmeier NTP
George C. Calloway
David B. Dunbar
Delbert L Evans
Stephen M Gerdes II
Jeffrey R. Lees NTP
David G. Welshons
Elizabeth J Wysong Berg ITP, NTP
Silver ($250 - $499)Andrew Adkins
Toni Carroll NTP
Dione Joseph J.D., NTP, OLTP
Kristi Kaufman NTP
Michael T. Malone KTP, MTP, TPN
Sharlene Shineldecker CLTP, NTP
Kelly A Spengler NTP, OLTP
Becky Taylor NTP
Howard L. Winston
TIPAC Education Fund
Diamond ( > $25,000 )FNF Family of Companies
Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
Platinum ($5,000 - $14,999)Doma Title Insurance, Inc.
Pioneer Title Agency, Inc.
The Title Team
Westcor Land Title Insurance Company
WFG National Title Insurance Company
Gold ($1000 - $4,999)Bluegrass Land Title, LLC
Knight Barry Title, Inc.
Minnesota Land Title Association
The Security Title Guarantee Corp. of Baltimore
Silver ( < $1000 )Olympic Peninsula Title Co.
People Have Power
By law, corporations and trade associations cannot contribute to anyone seeking political office or to political parties. But people can. PACs allow individuals with common interests—ALTA members, for example—to pool their resources and directly support candidates of interest to our industry. PACs are the most legal, transparent and federally monitored form of engagement in the political process.
Authorize TIPAC to Solicit Your Employees
The Federal Election Commission (FEC) TIPAC to obtain approval from ALTA members before it can solicit and accept contributions from their employees. Giving permission simply gives TIPAC permission to communicate with your executive and administrative personnel, stockholders and family members of these two groups about TIPAC.
It does not obligate your company or employees to support or contribute to TIPAC.
Permission to Solicit Form
This is not a contribution.
TIPAC Fast Facts
- TIPAC can only accept personal contributions from individuals. No corporate contributions are permitted due to Federal Election Commission (FEC) law.
- TIPAC "hard dollars" are contributions from individuals that go directly to candidates.
- TIPAC "soft dollars" are contributions that can be made with corporate checks or credit cards and are used to cover the administrative expenses of the PAC. Soft dollars cannot be used for campaign contributions.
- Every dollar TIPAC raises (over $200) or spends is reported to the FEC and is publicly available at www.fec.gov.
- Individuals may contribute up to $5,000 per calendar year to TIPAC. Contributions are NOT tax-deductible.
- Contributions to candidates are based on their position on issues affecting the industry, committee assignments, leadership positions and relationships with ALTA members and staff.
TIPAC Candidate Contribution Criteria
TIPAC supports candidates and office holders for the United States Senate & United States House of Representatives whose expressed philosophy or records are consistent with the objectives of the American Land Title Association. Support is provided without regard to party affiliation. TIPAC evaluates contribution requests based on the following criteria:
- Candidates' position and/or voting records on key issues important to the title industry;
- Candidates' committee assignments and leadership positions;
- Candidates' likelihood of winning in a given election.
TIPAC WILL NOT Support
- A candidate until he/she has filed the appropriate paperwork to get on the ballot;
- Presidential primary or general election campaigns;
- Opposing candidates for the same seat;
- Contributions that can be perceived as being tied directly to a specific vote or party affiliation.
- Candidates who are or have been in the title industry;
- Candidates who have a personal connection to ALTA leadership and/or staff;
- PAC member recommendations of candidates who reflect the ideals of ALTA;
- TIPAC does not typically support challengers over incumbents except in cases where one or more of the above criteria is met or if an incumbent regularly supports issues inconsistent with ALTA positions.
If you would like TIPAC to consider making a contribution to a candidate for the United States Senate or United States House of Representatives, please email your request to Leah Shimp Vass at email@example.com. Your email must answer the following questions:
- What is the candidate's name, state, party & office sought?
- Has the candidate ever been in the title industry? If so, please describe.
- Do you have a personal relationship to the candidate? Ex: Friend, neighbor, owns a rival title company, etc. If so, please describe.
- What is the requested contribution amount?
- Is there a fundraising event you would like to attend? If so, please attach a copy of the invitation.
- Have you contributed personally to this candidate?
- Are you a TIPAC contributor?