Get Powerful Advice on Operating and Growing Your Business
After successfully holding five Agents and Abstracters Forums last year, ALTA is once again planning five forums in 2012 to provide a low-cost and unparalleled opportunity for agents and abstracters to meet with peers, and exchange ideas, experiences and opinions on issues that affect the bottom line.
There are five Agents and Abstracters Forums for you to participate in this year. They will be in Phoenix, Louisville, Dallas, Minneapolis and Richmond.
Register now via PDF or Online for the January 29 forum at the Embassy Suites in Phoenix- Airport at 24th Street or click here for more information. Reserve your room at the Embassy Suites in Phoenix - Airport at 24th Street (group/convention code is ALT).
At the Phoenix forum, attendees will hear a presentation from Dick Reass, president of RynohLive, on the need for improved escrow standards as the mood of regulators and underwriters has changed significantly with the demise of several underwriters in 2011. This presentation will discuss the NAIC’s efforts to prevent escrow theft and the impact this will have on title agents with regard to market conduct, fraud and financial stability.
There also will be a roundtable discussion. Some likely topics include:
- Competition in the marketplace
- Impact of foreclosure documentation issues on search and curative efforts
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and plans to simplify mortgage disclosures
- Generating business in a small market
- The use of social media to enhance sales and marketing efforts
- Should I be doing more with e-recording and going paperless?
- Technology concerns: Do you need an upgrade?
- Impact of cancelled orders on profits
- Human resource issues, such as rising cost of health insurance
The forums are scheduled with small agents and abstracters time and money kept in mind, which is why these meetings are held quality, but affordable locations close to an airport. Since many small agents and abstracters can’t be away from the office, the meetings are held on the weekend.
On the Saturday evening prior to each meeting, there will be an optional "pay for your own" group dinner onsite at the hotel. As always, spouses/guests are most welcome. Business casual attire is appropriate throughout this event.
Come participate and take away a new strategy to implement in your office.