The upcoming Large Agents Meeting provides an unparalleled opportunity for large independent agents to meet with your peers and freely exchange ideas, experiences and opinions on issues that affect your business today. The agenda is developed by title agents, for title agents. The discussion flows freely since there are only independent agents in attendance.
This year's meeting will be January 26 – 28, 2015 at the Belmond Charleston Place in Charleston, SC.
Come and join in the discussion of major issues of the day that affect ALTA Members. As always, spouses/guests are most welcome.
A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at the Belmond Charleston Place at a rate of $225 per night (not including room taxes and fees).Â To make your reservations, please call 800-831-3490 or email email@example.com and let them know you are with the Title Agents Executive Conference (ALTA).Â ALTA's room block is protected until January 7, 2015 so please make your room reservations as soon as possible.Â After that date, rooms will be reserved based solely on availability, and we cannot guarantee this excellent rate.
A first night's deposit must be guaranteed via a major credit card, which will be forfeited if the reservation is canceled less than 72 hours prior to arrival. A failure to cancel the reservation prior to day of arrival will result in a cancellation fee for the full length of stay.
The closest airport to Charleston Place is the Charleston International Airport (CHS). This airport is approximately 12.5 miles from the hotel and heart of downtown Charleston.
ALTA will arrange for any transportation once you have arrived at the hotel, so a rental car won't be needed for this meeting, but if you do want to rent a car, the official car rental company is Avis. To make reservations, call 800-785-1400 and refer to the ALTA discount number D833367 or visit the Avis website and enter the code there.
The average taxi fare from the airport to downtown is approximately $30 before gratuity. The one-way trip takes 15 -20 minutes. Shuttles are also available for $14 per person each way. Taxi and shuttle rides are available in front of the terminal building, outside of baggage claim. All taxi and shuttle services accept MasterCard, American Express, VISA and Discover credit cards.
The registration fee for the Large Agents Meeting is $499 for agent attendees and $275 for spouses or guests. Click here to register online.
You will find instructions on how to register online below. Only non-industry people should be added as a guest. Anyone who works in the title industry should be registered under their own record.
- Go to www.alta.org
- Sign in with your member id and your password at the top of the page. Your password is initially set to the first three letters of your last name (the first letter of the last name is capitalized) followed by your member id. If you need your member id number, please call Lauren Dollerschell at 800-787-ALTA to get your number. (Example: if your number is 0099999, enter that as your login name. Your password will be entered as the first three letters of your last name and followed by your member id, i.e., Ham0099999.)
- Place your mouse over “Meetings” and choose “Register for a Meeting” in the drop down menu and look for 2015 July Title Agents Executive Conference.
- Click on 2015 July Title Agents Executive Conference, and then on Register Now. Sign up for events you wish to attend and indicate the number of tickets needed. 4. PLEASE NOTE: Even though it says tickets, you will not receive tickets to the event.
- Click on Continue with Registration. Now you can check your information and update if necessary. If you have a guest attending, please enter them too.
- Click on Complete Registration and continue with Checkout verifying your e-mail address and phone number. You should receive an e-mail confirmation for your registration. Print this page for your records.
- 7. If you have questions or problems, please call Lauren Dollerschell at 202-261-2945 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you must cancel ALTA requires a minimum of five days business days' notice of cancellation. There will be no refunds after January 19, 2015.