Release and Cancellation: What’s at Stake for Settlement Agents?
It’s reported that 36 percent of all fully paid or satisfied mortgages remain unreleased after state-mandated timelines. This can mean potential landmines for title professionals that could result in damaged reputation, a claim or enforcement action.
Don’t miss our next free, 30-minute Title Topics webinar at 3 p.m. EST on Thursday, Jan. 24 as Daniel Morris, CEO of reQuire Release Tracking, discusses the issues settlement agents face with unreleased mortgages and the responsibility of fixing the problem when liens show up in the title report of a pending closing.
You’ll learn about:
- Settlement agents’ responsibility to ensure mortgage liens are released
- Reasons that prevent release of satisfied liens
- What’s being done to address backlog of unreleased mortgages
- Passage of uniform state legislation
- Third-party vendors providing post-closing services
On the day of the presentation, click here to access the web portion of the call. Use participant code 7919162. It’s recommended that you perform a system check before logging on. The call-in number for audio is 866-906-7277 and the access code is 7919162#.
ALTA’s Title Topics webinars are sponsored by SoftPro, which provides software designed specifically for the closing and title industry.