2011 Annual Convention Call for Presentations Now Open
|June 7, 2011
The Call for Presentations for the 2011 ALTA Annual Convention, which will be held Oct. 12-15 at the Charleston Place Hotel in Charleston, S.C., is now open.
If you are interested in proposing a session, you can go here to learn more about the process. Follow the link to the online form, which contains a drop-down menu with relevant topics from which you can choose – or you can propose your own topic. The site also includes information about the selection process and speaker benefits.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, June 10. You will receive an automatic confirmation that your proposal has been received upon submission. ALTA leadership, volunteers and staff will review proposals in mid June and you should learn the final status of your proposal by the end of that month.
Guidelines for Successful Proposals
- ALTA will correspond with the primary speaker only. It is the primary speaker's responsibility to notify all co-presenters regarding the status of the proposal.
- Complete contact information should be provided for all proposed presenters and panelists.
- No speaker is permitted to be part of more than two accepted proposals.
- Presentations are usually scheduled on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the convention week. Please submit a proposal only if you can appear on any of these days.
- Presentations are scheduled for 75 minutes. Generally, you can expect 50 - 100 attendees.
- Proposals are expected to be company and product neutral, educational in focus, and well-formed.
- Session name and description should be proposed using correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Hint: You can draft your session proposal in word processing and block/copy into the form.
- If any part of the content of your proposal is vendor or company specific, you should consider forming a panel with presenters from competitor companies or a case study with customers. These types of panel presentations are very popular and have proven to be successful.
- Sales pitches for products or services disguised as proposals will be eliminated.
- Proposals must be submitted online no later than Friday, June 10, 2011. Click here to complete your proposal.