First American Document Solutions Launches Online Post-Closing Portal
December 11, 2008
First American Document Solutions, a post-closing and servicing solutions provider and a member of The First American Corporation (NYSE: FAF) family of companies, unveiled ePostClosing.com, its new online portal designed to help lenders and servicers reduce their post-closing document management costs and improve investor compliance.
ePostClosing.com is a new platform that enables lenders and servicers to handle all of their document retrieval, trailing document, lien release and assignment tasks through a single online system. The platform offers customers instant access to the nation’s largest property database, which includes more than 4 billion imaged records and access to a nationwide network of abstractors and field researchers. By utilizing ePostClosing.com, servicers will be able to accelerate the delivery of data and documents, centralize post-closing document management and eliminate the need for overlapping document and quality control functions that exist within many institutions.
The services that are available online through ePostClosing.com include:
- Nationwide document retrieval: Search and retrieve recorded document images, view transaction histories in more than 700 counties and order courthouse searches in any recording jurisdiction in the nation. Options include single-document or bulk ordering and standard or certified copy delivery.
- Trailing documents and title policy retrieval: Automated tracking of final title policies and recorded deeds, full audit trail and reporting for quality assurance reviews.
- Lien release services: Document creation, execution and tracking; eRecording and automatic Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS®) updates and delivery to borrowers.
- Assignment services: Document and data gathering, document preparation and execution and pool or bulk sales processing.
- Data solutions: Enhanced portfolio data analysis using fraud, valuation, compliance, lien search and ownership solutions.
- Electronic vault: Secure document storage and retrieval, MERS® eRegistry and eDelivery integration, full auditing and security seal.