Stewart® Title Aligns Resources
December 8, 2008
Stewart Title Company (STC) and Stewart Title Guaranty Company (STG), wholly owned subsidiaries of Stewart Information Services Corp. (NYSE-STC), announce new customer-segment oriented organizational structure to better meet the needs of customers in today’s changing market conditions.
“The real estate market has experienced tremendous challenges, and we have been aggressively working to ensure that regardless of market conditions, Stewart remains a market leader with integrity, quality and continued performance,” said Stewart Morris, Jr. and Malcolm Morris, co-chief executive officers of Stewart Information Services Corp. “Our conservative style of management has allowed us to have one of the largest policyholders’ surplus in the industry. This coupled with our 115-year history and experienced associates will allow us to better serve the real estate industry with customer-oriented products and services during these challenging times.”
Stewart will focus the senior leadership of the company around customer segments and delivery channels. This reorganization is an opportunity for the company to reduce cost of operations and remain a strong leader in the industry, enabling front-line associates to focus more on our customers and servicing their needs, while receiving efficient back-office operational support.
The reorganized Stewart senior leadership will be comprised of the following industry experts:
- Mike Skalka will remain President of Stewart Title Guaranty Company (STG) overseeing all of Stewart’s underwriting companies, leading our commercial, international and timeshare customer segments, and continuing to integrate sales and underwriting efforts on a global basis.
- Glenn Clements will become STC Group President, Eastern States and will lead direct operations in the eastern U.S.
- Bob Oakland will become the STC Group President, Western States and will lead direct operations in the western U.S.
- George Houghton will become STG Executive Vice President, Agency Services Group and will be responsible for all Stewart Agency Services Managers serving independent agencies and their support services.
- Pat Vaden will remain STC Group President, Real Estate Information and will lead customer-facing technology for realty, title agency and government entities.
- Jason Nadeau will become STC Group President, Lender Services and will lead all lender offerings.
- Rand Zimmerman will lead Stewart’s Regional Production Center initiative to centralize title and escrow production across the U.S.
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.