The upcoming Large Agents Meeting provides an unparalleled opportunity for large independent agents to meet with your peers and freely exchange ideas, experiences and opinions on issues that affect your business today. The agenda is developed by title agents, for title agents. The discussion flows freely since there are only independent agents in attendance.
This year's meeting will be January 26 – 28 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows in Santa Monica, CA.
Come and join in the discussion of major issues of the day that affect ALTA Members. As always, spouses/guests are most welcome.
A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at the Fairmont at a rate of $289 per night (not including room taxes and fees). To make your reservations, call 1-866-540-4470 and let them know you are with the American Land Title Association (ALTA) or click here to make your reservations online. ALTA's room block is protected until January 6, 2013 so make your room reservations as soon as possible. After that date, rooms will be reserved based solely on availability, and we cannot guarantee this excellent rate.
The conference will begin on Monday, January 27 at 8:30 a.m. with a continental breakfast. The meeting will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A group lunch will take place from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Dinner will also be planned for that evening. Tuesday, January 28 we will start with a hot breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and the meeting will run from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon. A more detailed agenda is below.
The closest international airport to Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The airport is approximately 9 miles from the hotel.
ALTA will arrange for any transportation once you have arrived at the hotel, so a rental car won’t be needed for this meeting, but if you do want to rent a car, the official car rental company for this meeting is Avis. To make reservations, call 800-785-1400 and refer to the ALTA discount number D833367 or visit the Avis website and enter the code there.
There are other options for you to travel from the airport, which include the following:
- A taxi is estimated to be $45 to/ from the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Taxis are readily available at the airport.
- There is no complimentary shuttle service between the hotel and the airport.
- All other transportation needs can be coordinated through the hotels Concierge at 310-576-7777 ext. 3951
The Registration fee for the Large Agents Meeting is $450 for agent attendees and $275 for spouses or guests.Â You can register on ALTA’s Website or download the registration form .
You will find instructions on how to register below. Each primary attendee must be registered separately; one person cannot register another from the same company. Only guests can be added to a primary registrant’s registration.
- Go to www.alta.org
- Sign in with your member id and your password at the top of the page. Your password is initially set to the first three letters of your last name (the first letter of the last name is capitalized) followed by your member id. If you need your member id number, please call Lauren Dollerschell at 800-787-ALTA to get your number. (Example: if your number is 0099999, enter that as your login name. Your password will be entered as the first three letters of your last name and followed by your member id, i.e., Ham0099999.)
- Place your mouse over “Meetings” and choose “Register for a Meeting” in the drop down menu and look for 2014 January Title Agents Executive Conference .
- Click on 2014 January Title Agents Executive Conference , and then on Register Now. Sign up for events you wish to attend and indicate the number of tickets needed. PLEASE NOTE: Even though it says tickets, you will not receive tickets to the event.
- Click on Continue with Registration. Now you can check your information and update if necessary. If you have a guest attending, please enter them too.
- Click on Complete Registration and continue with Checkout verifying your e-mail address and phone number. You should receive an e-mail confirmation for your registration. Print this page for your records.
- If you have questions or problems, please call Lauren Dollerschell at 1-800-787-ALTA or email her at email@example.com
If you must cancel ALTA requires a minimum of five days business days' notice of cancellation. There will be no refunds after January 20, 2013.