The upcoming Large Agents Meeting provides an unparalleled opportunity for large independent agents to meet with your peers and freely exchange ideas, experiences and opinions on issues that affect your business today. The agenda is developed by title agents, for title agents. The discussion flows freely since there are only independent agents in attendance.
This year's meeting will be July 13 – 15, 2014 at the Sentinel Hotel in Portland, OR.
Come and join in the discussion of major issues of the day that affect ALTA Members. As always, spouses/guests are most welcome.
A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at the Sentinel Hotel at a rate of $229 per night (not including room taxes and fees). To make your reservations, please call 888-246-5631 and let them know you are with the Title Agents Executive Conference (ALTA) or click here to make your reservations online. ALTA's room block is protected until June 11, 2014 so please make your room reservations as soon as possible. After that date, rooms will be reserved based solely on availability, and we cannot guarantee this excellent rate. If should experience any trouble while booking your reservation please call Kate Rose at the Sentinel Hotel at 503-419-1620.
We will start the conference with a group dinner on Sunday, July 13th. Then the meeting will begin on Monday, July 14th at 8:30 a.m. with a continental breakfast. The meeting will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Another group dinner will also be planned for that evening. Tuesday, July 15th we will start with a hot breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and the meeting will run from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon. A more detailed agenda is below.
The closest airport to the Sentinel Hotel is the Portland International Airport (PDX). This airport is approximately 12.2 miles from the hotel and heart of downtown Portland.
ALTA will arrange for any transportation once you have arrived at the hotel, so a rental car won’t be needed for this meeting, but if you do want to rent a car, the official car rental company for this meeting is Avis. To make reservations, call 800-785-1400 and refer to the ALTA discount number D833367 or visit the Avis website and enter the code there.
There are other options for you to travel from the airport, which include the following:
- The average taxi fare from the airport to downtown is approximately $35 before gratuity. Radio Cab offers a discount with coupons available on their website. The one-way trip takes 20-40 minutes. You can find taxis waiting in the center section of the airport terminal’s lower roadway outside of baggage claim.
- The MAX light rail Red Line is the easiest way to travel to and from the airport. A one way trip takes approximately 38 minutes and costs $2.50 per adult. The Max station and ticket machines are located on the lower level, next to the south baggage claim area. For a complete schedule and more information visit, http://www.trimet.org/schedules/maxredline.htm .
- The Downtown Airport Express by Blue Star runs every 30 minutes and costs $14 one-way and $24 round-trip to downtown and Lloyd Center/Convention Center hotels.
The Registration fee for the Large Agents Meeting is $450 for agent attendees and $275 for spouses or guests. You can register on ALTA’s Website or download the registration form.
You will find instructions on how to register below. Each primary attendee must be registered separately; one person cannot register another from the same company. Only guests can be added to a primary registrant’s registration.
- Go to www.alta.org
- Sign in with your member id and your password at the top of the page. Your password is initially set to the first three letters of your last name (the first letter of the last name is capitalized) followed by your member id. If you need your member id number, please call Lauren Dollerschell at 800-787-ALTA to get your number. (Example: if your number is 0099999, enter that as your login name. Your password will be entered as the first three letters of your last name and followed by your member id, i.e., Ham0099999.)
- Place your mouse over “Meetings” and choose “Register for a Meeting” in the drop down menu and look for 2014 July Title Agents Executive Conference.
- Click on 2014 July Title Agents Executive Conference, and then on Register Now. Sign up for events you wish to attend and indicate the number of tickets needed.
- Click on Continue with Registration. Now you can check your information and update if necessary. If you have a guest attending, please enter them too.
- Click on Complete Registration and continue with Checkout verifying your e-mail address and phone number. You should receive an e-mail confirmation for your registration. Print this page for your records.
- If you have questions or problems, please call Lauren Dollerschell at 1-800-787-ALTA or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you must cancel ALTA requires a minimum of five days business days' notice of cancellation. There will be no refunds after July 7th, 2014.