Diverse Lineup Covers Best Practices, Business Operations, Legal Issues, CFPB, and Sales and Marketing
There’s certainly a lot to do in the eclectic and sophisticated city of Seattle while attending ALTA’s 2014 Annual Convention. Don’t take our word for it, Travel Channel’s Anthony Bourdain’s recently visited the Emerald City and offered tips on things to do, see and eat. We’ve already planned several tours, plus there’s the ninth annual Michael F. Wille Memorial TIPAC Golf Tournament at The Golf Club at Newcastle.
Aside from the fantastic sights and delicious food, ALTA has developed a robust lineup of professional development sessions designed to give you a competitive advantage in the market. Sessions include topics to aid implementation of ALTA’s Best Practices, how to streamline your operation, legal and regulatory changes, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and sales and marketing strategies to help you drive profits and grow market share.
Here’s a look at the professional development sessions:
- Stories from the Front Lines: ALTA Best Practices Implementation
- Preventing Complaints from Becoming Claims
- E-Recording Overview and Charging Accurate Closing Costs
- 10 Steps To Business Preparedness
- Technology considerations you'll need to be successful in the CFPB era
- Improving the Consumer Experience with Digital Closings
- Our Stories: From Paperfull to Paperless
- (re)Structuring For Maximum Growth In Any Market
- Expanding Your Business: Take Advantage or Out of State Commercial Opportunities
- Revealing the Cost of Title Services: Facts that will Guide You to a Streamlined Operation
- It's the Law! What you Need to Know to Protect your Customers' Personal Information
- The Top 10 Legal Issues Facing The Title Industry
- Don't Be a Claims Casualty: Claims Avoidance for the Title Agent
- E-Signatures and Title Insurance
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Are you Ready?: A Checklist for RESPA-TILA Success
- Beyond the Title Company: How will the New CFPB Rule Affect the Way Your Clients Do Business
- The ALTA Universal ID: What Is It & How Will It Help Me?
- The Impact of the Ability to Repay Rule and Qualified Mortgage on Borrowers and Closing Agents
- Don’t Forget the Post-Closing: Using Technology to Support Audit and Compliance
Sales, Strategy and Marketing
- Manage Your Brand and Connect with Clients Digitally
- Winterizing for a Profitable First Quarter
- Transform your Entire Staff into a Selling Machine
- The Value of 25 Words
- Explain the Value of Title Insurance: Creating an Effective Message
CE/CLE credit is pending for many sessions.
Click here for more information and to register for the Annual Convention. A preliminary schedule can be viewed here.
Best Practices Video
During the Annual Convention, ALTA plans to show a video of members celebrating implementation of Best Practices. This is where you come in. We need members to create a short video (less than 30 seconds will do) of your staff dancing to Pharrell’s Happy song. Because these may be large files, videos must be submitted through Google Drive. Click here for info on submitting your video. Deadline to submit is Aug. 29.