Welcome Montana Land Title Association Members!
The Montana Land Title Association has partnered with the American Land Title Association to offer online courses to its members at a discounted rate! Click Here to take advantage of this special MLTA offer and download an order form!
Title 101 is primarily designed for new or less-experienced title employees and others seeking a basic knowledge of the title business and its unique terminology. Candidates for this course include: receptionists, administrative staff, new hires, searchers, examiners, closers, and sales and marketing staff. Click Here to learn more about Title 101!
Title 201 is an advanced-level curriculum that offers students general information on specific subjects while providing continuing education. It is designed to meet the needs of three basic groups of students: (1) Title 101 graduates; (2) experienced title industry personnel desiring further education; and (3) recent law school graduates. Click Here to learn more about Title 201!
Escrow Accounting Procedures Course presents a model system of good managerial practices designed to minimize risk in handling escrow funds. The course is comprised of four Educational Modules, each ending with a set of questions to reinforce the course content, and a valuable Resource Guide. Click Here to learn more about Escrow Accounting Procedures!
Ethics in the Title Industry is a correspondence course specifically designed to address title-related ethical issues. All title industry professionals, from closers to legal counsel and from owners to administrative assistants, would benefit from taking this course. Click Here to learn more about Ethics in the Title Industry!
- The Need For Land Title Services (12 minutes): This educational video program is a great companion to Principles of Title Searching. This video provides an orientation to the broad scope of the title industry, sharing the fundamentals of title searching, explaining the important responsibility title employees have in accurately describing and financially protecting property rights, and creating a visual image of the process of land transfers. Preview
- Claims Awareness (14 minutes): Through dramatic examples of troublesome mistakes this program stresses the role of title insurance in the land transfer process and emphasizes hazards from title claims such as mechanic's liens, missed easements and more. Preview
- Principles of Title Searching (16 minutes): This video shares a basic education in the general procedure of searching a title, provides sales support for customer education about the complex title search process, creates an opportunity for follow up with tours to your office or local courthouse, and reinforces key terms such as bundle of rights, constructive notice, and more. Preview
- This Land Is My Land, That Land is Your Land (41 minutes)): This two-part training video provides a clear explanation of legal descriptions, such as metes and bounds, rectangular method and subdivisions used throughout the US; concept definitions including bearings, quadrants and courses; and an overview of quarters, irregular parcels and curves. Workbooks and drafting tools enable practical application of lessons. Preview
- Behind the Scenes: A Look at the Settlement Process (22 minutes): This video program provides an inside look at the settlement/closing functions and an overview of key areas such as coordinating related information, reviewing and understanding mortgage documents, preparing the settlement statement and more. Also included is a 38-page training workbook. Preview
- The Return of Thaddeus Eagle: Completing a Title Insurance Commitment Form (18 minutes): Explains the ALTAÂ® Commitment Form (6/17/06) - Coverage of Schedules A and B; provides general guidelines on how to fill them out; points out differences between Exceptions and Requirements; and defines “pre-closing” gap. Includes sample ALTAÂ® 2006 Commitment Form and Loan Policy. Preview
- The Policy Detectives: An Introduction to ALTAÂ®'s 2006 Loan and Owner's Policies (41 minutes): Explains the five primary parts of ALTAÂ®'s 2006 Loan Owner's Policy jackets, including Covered Risks, Exclusions from Coverage, Conditions, and Schedules A & B. Provides sample ALTAÂ® 2006 Loan and Owner's Policy Forms. Preview
- Closing Real Estate Transactions in 2010: The New RESPA Rule, GFE & HUD-1 (70 minutes): ALTA and ALTA's Land Title Institute are pleased to bring you a training program that captures the knowledge and wisdom of ALTA's RESPA Implementation Task Force and includes advice from HUD. Provides an overview of RESPA and the Final RESPA Rule, along with best practices for implementation of the rule's requirements. Only available in CD-ROM Format.