Now Available: 2023 Claims Guide
February 13, 2023
Grab Your New 2023 Claims Guide Today
When you need advice on how to handle claims on title insurance policies, closing protection letters and closing mistakes, turn to the Claims Guide. Packed full of practical analysis, the 2023 edition includes analysis of more than 100 court decisions not found in the 2022 version. The Claims Guide is the ultimate resource not only for attorneys but also claim handlers, underwriting personnel, title examiners, escrow officers and regulators.
Authored by 41-year title insurance industry veteran J. Bushnell Nielsen, new cases include:
- Deeper analysis of state police powers and the corresponding policy exclusion
- New insights on when to request proof of loss and several new forms for use in making those requests and explaining to an insured the method that should be used in a diminution in value appraisal
- Why a title insurer should never declare the insurer “missed” a recorded instrument
- Decisions on why an insurer does not “delay” a claim by switching from one option to another in resolving the claim
- The fine points of watchful waiting and new cases on that issue
- New decisions on loan policy successors and the requirement for a separate assignment of tort claims against insurer
- Ground-breaking decision holding that an insured suffers no loss after insurer orchestrates rescission of insured purchase
- A troublesome Georgia decision suggesting the state bad faith statute sets a time limit for clearing title
- When policy proceeds can be assigned although the policy cannot
- A major update on new Nevada HOA decisions about endorsement coverage for post-policy assessments
- Updates to many of the useful coverage determination letters and other forms provided with the book
Now in its 27th year of publication, older editions do not contain the latest changes to evolving title law. Make sure to update your collection!
Claims departments and law firms qualify for group subscription rates! For more information, please contact Carolina Perez at email@example.com.
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.