ALTA Installs New President, Board of Governors
October 19, 2021
ALTA installed Dan Wold as president as well as its Board of Governors for the 2020-2021 year, during ALTA ONE in New Orleans.
Wold, who is executive vice president of industry relations and strategic initiatives of Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., said serving as ALTA’s president will give him the opportunity to collaborate with thousands of dedicated title insurance industry professionals who work to lead, deliver for and protect their customers and communities.
“It’s an honor to represent ALTA membership and I look forward to collaborating with ALTA’s Board of Governors, staff and membership on the association’s new strategic priorities,” Wold said. “I am hopeful about what we will accomplish over the next year.”
ALTA’s 2021-2022 strategic priorities include helping members:
- Serve their communities with purpose.
- Tell their story inside and outside the industry to describe the people who make up the title insurance industry and the value they provide.
- Attract, develop and retain talent in a changing world of work.
- Navigate the digital environment.
- Address threats to their customers’ privacy and investment.
- Drive real estate industry collaboration.
“In the coming year, ALTA will advocate for public policies on multiple issues, such as expanding homeownership affordability and protecting against practices undermining homeownership opportunities,” Wold said. “We also will examine legislative and regulatory initiatives that advance industry adoption of digital closings and more effective leveraging of digital processes. ALTA’s Board of Governors and staff will work with members of Congress to help them understand the importance of these topics to their constituents.”
ALTA CEO Diane Tomb, said Wold’s experience strategizing and leading the industry through difficult times, which will be invaluable to ALTA and its members during a continuing global pandemic. Wold has been active with ALTA for many years. He served as chair of ALTA’s RESPA Reform Task Force, which eventually became the(TRID Task Force. He’s served on the association’s Homeowner Outreach Program Work Group and has been a member of the Title Insurance Underwriter’s Section Executive Committee since 2013.
“His legal insight is exactly what ALTA needs as we look to collaborate with policymakers and industry stakeholders in upholding property rights. Dan’s ability to help lead partnerships across the real estate, title and lending industries on key marketplace developments will be key, especially where standards are needed for the smooth continuation of business.”
ALTA’s 2021-2022 Board of Governors
- President: Dan Wold, Old Republic National Title Insurance Co.
- President-elect: Jack Rattikin III, Rattikin Title Co.
- Treasurer: David Townsend MTP, NTP, Agents National Title Insurance Co.
- Chair of Finance Committee: Quinn Stufflebeam, Title Financial Corp.
- Agents Section Chair: Richard Welshons, DCA Title
- Agents Section Rep: Craig Haskins, Knight Barry Title Inc.
- Agents Section Rep: Lisa Steele, Mother Lode Holding Co.
- Underwriters Section Chair: Don Kennedy, First American Title Insurance Co.
- Underwriters Section Rep: Joe Grealish, FNF Family of Cos.
- Underwriters Section Rep: Tara Smith, Stewart Title Guaranty Co.
- Immediate Past President: Bill Burding NTP, Orange Coast Title Co.
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.