ALTA Monitoring Situation in New Orleans
August 31, 2021
ALTA’s thoughts remain with everyone in the Gulf Coast area enduring the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Ida, which has left more than a million customers without electricity. While total losses won’t be known for some time, insurance analysts have already estimated $10 billion in damage in Louisiana.
With this year’s ALTA ONE scheduled to take place in New Orleans from Oct. 12-15, ALTA continues to monitor the situation closely and will provide updates if there are any changes.
ALTA ONE notes:
- The room block at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel closes Sept. 8. (Our new hotel reservations policy requires each attendee to be registered for ALTA ONE before you can receive access to the room block.)
- Archie Manning, a former award-winning football star for the New Orleans Saints, humanitarian, author and father, will headline the Oct. 15 Omni Session.
- Ginny Clarke, the former director of executive recruiting at Google, will deliver a “no-holds-barred” discussion on the causes that lead to a lack of diversity in organizations and provide thoughtful, integrated solutions you can use to affect change during the Oct. 14 Omni Session.
- Neuroscientist Dr. Beau Lotto has spent decades studying the way we see. During his Oct. 13 Omni Session, he will discuss how to overcome biases, embrace uncertainty, transform your approach to creativity and unlock innovation.
- COVID Update: The safety of everyone involved with the event is ALTA’s primary concern. ALTA continues to monitor the pandemic closely and will abide by the local authority’s guidelines and protocols. You can also read about the protocols ALTA has put in place, as well as the air cleaning system installed by the conference hotel.
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.