Can Your Business Compete?
March 1, 2021
Highlight Your Assets with the Compensation Index
2020 was—well—a lot of things, including incredibly busy for those of us in the real estate industry. Now, all of the trends reports are signaling more of the same for 2021. If you aren’t already evaluating your compensation packages to attract the new employees you’ll be hiring, now is definitely the time.
Sponsored by Qualia, the ALTA’s Title & Settlement Services Industry Compensation Index is officially open for 2020 data collection! The Compensation Index allows you to easily examine the full value of your compensation packages and compare your business to the competition. It can help you examine salary rates for existing positions and assist you in analyzing the current market for new roles. The Compensation Index provides results showing the 25th percentile, median and 75th percentile of responses – as well as where your company falls – in easy-to-read graphs. A minimum of five data points must meet the filter requirement for results to display.
Companies that have completed 100% of the required questions for the Compensation Index can access the national aggregate results for free. Results for 2018 and 2019 are available immediately.
We know the data you’re providing is sensitive, and your privacy is important to us. All company data is collected through a secure third party, and individual data is kept confidential.
“This will help us be competitive in attracting the best and brightest candidates for positions in our company,” said Frank Pellegrini, president and CEO of Prairie Title in Illinois. The information the Compensation Index provides “will help groom future leaders in our businesses and in our industry. There is no substitute for reliable information.”
- Who can enter data? The primary contact or a designated individual can complete the Compensation Index on behalf of each company location.
- Who can review the results? Because of the highly sensitive nature of the data contained in the survey, full access to the Compensation Index is restricted to a location’s primary contact and/or the designated individual.
- What data will I need to enter?
- Company demographics by location (state, revenue, staffing numbers, expenses, etc.)
- Compensation data by position (rates, bonuses, hours worked, etc.)
- Information on the benefits packages your company offers
If this sounds complicated, don’t worry: We created an easy step-by-step guide to help you navigate the process. You also can download the full set of questions included in the Compensation Index to help you prepare.
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.