Educational Training Videos from ALTA®'s Land Title Institute
ALTA®'s Land Title Institute has created eight training videos to educate your employees about the land title industry. Titles are available in DVD format and may be purchased individually or as a complete LTI Training Library at a substantial discount. Handout materials, where applicable, are included on a companion CD, so they'll always be handy. Visit the ALTA® Online Store for purchase details or print our PDF Order Form if you prefer.
TILA-RESPA Disclosures and Rule Training
Is your operation ready for the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures which will go into effect on August 1, 2015? Now is the time to prepare your staff for the changes ahead. This 2 1/2 hour training DVD
addresses the economic factors that led to passage of the Dodd-Frank legislation, the establishment and goals of the CFPB, key components of the CFPB Rule, related regulatory action impacting your business, and how you
can help your customers prepare for implementation. Also included is a detailed review of the new Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure.
"Let's Talk TRID!" is also available! Be sure to add this customizable model presentation to guide discussions with your customers.
Learn more and place your order today!
Make LTI Part of Your Training Program
It's easy to see how LTI's training videos can be an integral part of your employee training program. Along with orientation, on-the-job training, distance learning, and team building exercises, LTI's training videos will help you get employees on the road to success in your company. Check out LTI's Model Training Program for your employees and incorporate LTI into your training program today!
Learn More About LTI's Video Titles
- The Need For Land Title Services (12 minutes): This educational video program is a great companion to Principles of Title Searching. This video provides an orientation to the broad scope of the title industry, sharing the fundamentals of title searching, explaining the important responsibility title employees have in accurately describing and financially protecting property rights, and creating a visual image of the process of land transfers. Preview
- Claims Awareness (14 minutes): Through dramatic examples of troublesome mistakes this program stresses the role of title insurance in the land transfer process and emphasizes hazards from title claims such as mechanic's liens, missed easements and more. Preview
- Principles of Title Searching (16 minutes): This video shares a basic education in the general procedure of searching a title, provides sales support for customer education about the complex title search process, creates an opportunity for follow up with tours to your office or local courthouse, and reinforces key terms such as bundle of rights, constructive notice, and more. Preview
- This Land Is My Land, That Land is Your Land (41 minutes)): This two-part training video provides a clear explanation of legal descriptions, such as metes and bounds, rectangular method and subdivisions used throughout the US; concept definitions including bearings, quadrants and courses; and an overview of quarters, irregular parcels and curves. Workbooks and drafting tools enable practical application of lessons. Preview
- Behind the Scenes: A Look at the Settlement Process (22 minutes): This video program provides an inside look at the settlement/closing functions and an overview of key areas such as coordinating related information, reviewing and understanding mortgage documents, preparing the settlement statement and more. Also included is a 38-page training workbook. Preview
- The Return of Thaddeus Eagle: Completing a Title Insurance Commitment Form (18 minutes): Explains the ALTA® Commitment Form (6/17/06) - Coverage of Schedules A and B; provides general guidelines on how to fill them out; points out differences between Exceptions and Requirements; and defines “pre-closing” gap. Includes sample ALTA® 2006 Commitment Form and Loan Policy. Preview
- The Policy Detectives: An Introduction to ALTA®'s 2006 Loan and Owner's Policies (41 minutes): Explains the five primary parts of ALTA®'s 2006 Loan Owner's Policy jackets, including Covered Risks, Exclusions from Coverage, Conditions, and Schedules A & B. Provides sample ALTA® 2006 Loan and Owner's Policy Forms. Preview
- Closing Real Estate Transactions in 2010: The New RESPA Rule, GFE & HUD-1 (70 minutes): ALTA and ALTA's Land Title Institute are pleased to bring you a training program that captures the knowledge and wisdom of ALTA's RESPA Implementation Task Force and includes advice from HUD. Provides an overview of RESPA and the Final RESPA Rule, along with best practices for implementation of the rule's requirements. Only available in CD-ROM Format.
Ready to Buy? Need More Information?
Please visit the ALTA® Online Store to order LTI educational videos.
Prefer to purchase off-line? Simply download the PDF Order Form and pay by check or credit card.
Questions about the LTI products & services? Contact us at email@example.com or call 800-787-2582 for more information.