You Can Still Be Part of ALTA's Business Strategies Conference
If you are looking to learn more about ALTA’s Best Practices, what lender clients need from you in today’s market and to get sales and marketing tips to grow market share, there's still time to register for ALTA’s 2013 Business Strategies Conference, being held March 13-15 in Oklahoma City. Online registration is closed, but you can still register by downloading the registration form. If you can't make it for the entire event, one-day passes are available. Just select the day that best suits your needs.
The conference kicks off Wednesday night, March 13, with a New Member/First Time Attendee Orientation and the Exhibit Showcase Opening Reception before a full slate of sessions on Thursday and Friday.
Here are some highlights of the general sessions and agenda:
Thursday, March 14:
- ALTA Best Practices: Develop, Implement and Succeed: It is crucial title professionals take action now to implement ALTA’s Title Insurance and Settlement Company Best Practices and prove to lenders compliance. This session will provide an overview of the Best Practices and discuss what ALTA is doing to provide resources and aid members in implementation.
- Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional: This session will offer a high-content, high-energy approach to embracing, as well as capitalizing, on change in business building. This will be a timely discussion to help title professionals adjust to evolving lender requirements as well as new closing disclosures coming down the pike.
- Plus, attendees can select from 12 different professional development sessions! Check for CE/CLE credit availability.
Friday, March 15
- Customer Perspective: What Lenders Need from You to Reduce Settlement Risk: Due to increased regulatory scrutiny, lenders are adjusting their business relationships. Find out what lenders are requiring to reduce settlement risk and how implementation of ALTA’s Best Practices can help ensure business keeps coming your way.
- The Latest Fraud Tricks: Protect Consumers, Customers and Your Business: This session will address new emerging scams as well old fraud schemes that are resurfacing. You’ll leave knowing the latest fraud tricks being used so you can proactively protect your customers, consumers and your business, and know what liability you have if you aren’t careful.
- Four more professional development sessions will be offered.
- Will Rogers Impersonator: After a couple days of learning how to meet new demands and challenges in the marketplace, come and join us for an entertaining closing luncheon. You will be taken back to the 1920s and ’30s as a Will Rogers impersonator will have you rolling with laughter by combining a scholarly, historic, artistic, humorous and entertaining performance of Oklahoma’s favorite son.
Click here for more information and to view the full schedule of events for the Business Strategies Conference. Get your one-day pass today.
To get conference information on the go, download the free conference smartphone app. If you downloaded the 2012 BSC app, you will simply need to update that for the 2013 information. iPhone/iPad users can click here to download. Don’t forget to follow ALTA on Twitter for the latest information about the Business Strategies Conference. Use #ALTAbsc.
Click here to learn more on fun things to do in Oklahoma City.