ALTA's 2012 Annual Convention, which is being held Oct. 17-20 at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo., is the best opportunity to attend informative professional development sessions and obtain valuable CE/CLE credits. Whether you are a title agent, escrow officer, attorney, operations manager or underwriter, the Annual Convention's sessions cover a wide range of topics impacting the industry. Register today.
Continuing Education has already been approved in nine states, while Continuing Legal Education has been approved in 12 states. Several more states are pending approval for CE/CLE.
Here's a glance at the sessions offering CE/CLE credits in many states:
• Dodd Frank and the Killer Qs
• “They Said I Could, Trust Me”
• E&O and Fidelity Bond Coverage: How to Apply and Negotiate
• The CFPB and the Proposed Final Rule . . .
Understand it, Be Prepared and Be Ready
• Title Insurance Forms & Endorsements: What’s New?
• Title Automation from Searching to Production
• Current Issues in Title Insurance Regulation
• Preventing Clouds on Title:
A Discussion of Lien Release Obligations in the Industry
• Part 1: Hot Topic Potpourri: Short Sales, Reverse Mortgages, ABCs
• Part 2: Hot Topic Potpourri
• 1031 Exchanges: Understanding the Title Agent’s Role
and Agency’s Liability
• The Future of Residential Mortgage Backed Securities
• Protecting your Agency from Liability in the New Millennium
• Escrow Theft: An Industry Problem to Fix
• Whose Book (of Business) Is it Anyway?
• Model Agency Contracts
Several ALTA committee meetings, which are open to all ALTA members, will be held Oct. 15-17 before the convention “officially” starts. A First-Time Convention Attendee, New Member Mixer, and Ice-Breaker Reception and Grand Opening of the Exhibit Showcase will kick things off the evening of Oct. 17.
Don’t forget the countless networking opportunities while enjoying the amazing views of Colorado Springs. Click here to do an attendee search and start planning your business meetings. Once you have logged in, there will be a drop down menu where you can choose the 2012 ALTA Annual Convention from the list.
Click here to view the complete schedule of Professional Development sessions. Check back at www.alta.org/meetings/annual for CE/CLE updates.
Our room block for the Convention is full, but the Broadmoor is still taking room reservations, so book your room ASAP to ensure your stay at the Convention hotel.