It's Not Too Late: Register for 2009 ALTA Annual
What: 2009 ALTA Annual Convention
When: Oct. 21-24
Where: The Breakers, Palm Beach, Fla.
Why: To learn the latest trends in the marketplace, be informed of new legislative and regulatory changes, gain needed continuing educated credits, network with hundreds of your peers to grow your business and interact with vendors.
Who: Click here for a list of people already registered.
How: Register online today.
If you can't make it for the entire conference, one-day passes are available for $350.
Here's a glimpse of some key sessions that you can't afford to miss:
- Hear from two famed economists:
- Hernando de Soto, who will share his thoughts on what led to the U.S. recession and the vital role the title insurance industry plays in our nation's prosperity. De Soto will offer sage advice on the benefits of a sound property transfer system that you can share with your local legislators and regulators.
- Doug Duncan, Fannie Mae's vice president and chief economist, who will offer a humor-filled dialogue while sharing his latest forecast on the future of the mortgage market.
- Hear from leaders of the national underwriters as they discuss the industry's future:
- Chris Abbinante, president of Fidelity National Title Group; Dennis Gilmore, CEO of First American Title Insurance Co.; Malcolm Morris, CEO of Stewart Title Guaranty Co.; and Rande Yeager, CEO of Old Republic National Title Insurance Co.
- Beyond the Forms: The RESPA 2.0 Business Model: Here you will learn how to determine the impact of the final RESPA rule on your business, understand how the new disclosures work, how current processes will change, how to train employees to comply with the new requirements, and examine how to create new sales methods, enhance customer relationships and ensure profitability.
- Plus, there are plenty of professional development tracks that will offer insight into how to detect and deter mortgage fraud at the closing table; the need of a good survey; how to handle the panoply of workout options; and information to help you incorporate new approaches into your strategic plan and day-to-day operations.
Register today to attend the largest gathering of title professionals this year, providing a highly cost-effective method for gaining education, certification, networking and awareness training.
CE/CLE credits also are available in many states. Click here to see what credits are available in your state.
Take a look at the ALTA Annual Convention Registration Brochure online.
For additional information please contact the Meetings Department, by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 202-261-2942.