GAO's Report on the Title and ALTA®'s Response
May 15, 2007
In April, the GAO released a study critical of the Title Industry -- "Title Insurance: Actions Needed to Improve Oversight of the Title Industry." Links to the study and ALTA's reponse to it are listed below.
- ALTA Members Learn Fallout from GAO Study (May 8, 2007) - Two representatives from the Government Accountability Office (GAO) told over 200 attendees on ALTA's telephone seminar last week how they selected certain states and title companies to conduct their recent study. Participants on the call were concerned about some of the GAO's recommendations concerning agents providing data to state regulators. If you were not able to listen in, use the link below to order the audio CD and see the seminar materials.
Did You Miss It? Visit KRM Online or call 800-775-7654 to order materials and CD (including Q&A).
- ALTA Prepared Talking Points Outline – Regarding
April 2007 GAO Report
- ALTA Messages on GAO Title Insurance Report (April 20, 2007)
- Summary of April 2007 Government Accountability Office Report on Title Insurance:
Actions Needed To Improve Oversight Of The Title Industry (April 20, 2007)
- ALTA Responds to GAO Report Released April 17
- ALTA Welcomes GAO Report (April 2007 Press Release)
- GAO Report - Title Insurance: Actions Needed to Improve Oversight of the Title Industry (April 17, 2007)