News from the Pennsylvania Land Title Association Annual Convention
July 26, 2007
Pennsylvania Land Title Association Presents Its Two Highest Awards at Annual Convention
At its 86th Annual Convention recently, the Pennsylvania Land Title Association recognized two of its most valued members with the Association’s top honors. Nearly 150 titlepersons and guests at PLTA’s Awards Banquet at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas applauded as Elizabeth A. Murphy and Warren R. Strouse, CLTP accepted the awards.
- Warren R. Strouse, a resident of Norristown, PA, received the James G. Schmidt Distinguished Service Award, given to an individual who has through his or her career made substantial, lasting contributions to the welfare of the land title insurance industry. Strouse, who recently retired as a Vice President of First American Title Insurance Company in King of Prussia, is a former President of PLTA and a member of many of its committees. He is a Certified Land Title Professional (CLTP), PLTA’s highest professional designation.
- Elizabeth A. Murphy received the Albert E. Pentecost Service Award, presented annually to the individual who has made the greatest contribution to the PLTA during the preceding year. As Director of Operations for Pennsylvania Land Title Association, she has primary responsibility for all internal and external events and operations. She has worked with PLTA and its educational arm, the Pennsylvania Land title Institute since 1998. A native of York, PA, Murphy lives in King of Prussia, PA.
- Pamela A. Croke, Esq., Philip S. Janny, Karen V. Matz, Nanci Reese and Diana Sabol were all recognized as Certified Land Title Professionals (CLTPs). Christopher Ritchie was recognized as an Associate Land Title Professional (ALTP).
- Pamela A. Croke is the Executive Vice President of the Pennsylvania Land Title Association and the Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Land Title Institute. She lives in Glenside, PA.
- Philip S. Janny, Title Agent and Real Estate Coordinator for Joseph J. Plunkett, P.C. in Allentown, PA, also lives in Allentown. He is Chair of the Lehigh Valley regional chapter of PLTA.
- Karen V. Matz, Owner of Matz Land Transfer Services, Inc. in West Chester, PA, lives in Wayne, PA.
- Nanci Reese, Assistant Vice President and Agency Representative of LandAmerica Commonwealth and Lawyers Title in Lancaster, PA, lives in Ephrata, PA. She is Chair of PLTA’s Education Committee and also of PLTA’s South Central PA regional chapter.
- Diana Sabol is an Assistant Vice President and Agency Representative for Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company in Philadelphia. She is incoming Secretary of Pennsylvania Land Title Association and lives in Norristown, PA.
- Christopher Ritchie is President of Eagle School Abstract in Wayne, PA. He lives in Chester Springs, PA.
At the completion of the Annual Convention in Las Vegas, the Pennsylvania Land Title Association installed its officers for the 2007-2008 business year.
- Dallys Novarina, CLTP of Gwynedd Valley, PA is PLTA’s new President. She is owner of Dallys Associates in Blue Bell, PA.
- Jon R. Effner, Esq., CLTP is Vice President. Effner, who lives in Haddonfield, NJ, is Vice President and State Counsel at Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company in Philadelphia.
- Leonard A. Shatz, Esq., CLTP of Cheltenham, PA takes the office of Treasurer. Shatz is Senior Underwriting Counsel with the National Commercial Services Division of First American Title Insurance Company located in Philadelphia.
- Diana Sabol, CLTP joins the four-year rotation as Secretary. Sabol, a resident of Norristown, PA, is Assistant Vice President and Agency Representative for Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company in Philadelphia.