Make Your Views on RESPA Rule Known
April 2, 2008
Last week, HUD released its new RESPA proposal. The proposed rule would create a standard GFE, apply cost tolerances, and require settlement agents to draft, read and provide a "closing script" to consumers. ALTA is seeking your reaction to the rule and comments as we develop our response to the rule.
- View the proposed rule.
- Click here to submit your comments to HUD.
- Read ALTA's initial press release
- Read HUD's economic analysis.
- Read a summary of the RESPA proposal.
- Read a List of Concerns with Proposed RESPA Rule.
We have created a special email address for you to send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or email@example.com.