MISMO Elects Governance Committee Members and Leadership
February 6, 2007
MISMO, a not-for-profit subsidiary of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), announced the results of its Governance Committee leadership elections for 2007 which were held during their meetings in Long Beach, CA last week. David Barkley, Chair of the Governance Committee since its inception in 2000, turned his gavel over to newly-elected Chair Ron Duff, Fiserv Lending Solutions, who will serve with Vice-Chairs Nancee Gorenstein, MGIC, and Lisa Bolelli, First American Real Estate Information Services, Inc.
The leadership team plans to carry forward the strategic directions identified by the Governance Committee for 2007 that focus on enhanced standards, greater communication to the industry, and increased adoption. “I am confident that the Governance Committee under its new leadership will provide continuity and guidance to the MISMO organization as it moves into its next phase,” said Barkley.
This announcement comes at a time when Mr. Barkley assumes a new role within his company and Ted Adams, Business Projects Director, was approved as representative for Freddie Mac in the Government-Sponsored Enterprise category.
The Governance Committee is elected from a cross-section of the real estate finance industry and provides oversight for MISMO's administration and policy development. The committee consists of 20 MISMO subscriber organizations that serve two-year terms, with half the seats up for election each year. Earlier this month, elections returned 10 incumbent members to the committee.
"We are pleased with the election results and look forward to a productive term," said Doug Duncan, President, MISMO, Inc. and MBA Chief Economist & Senior Vice President of Research & Business Development. "The role of the Governance Committee has grown significantly due to the increasing pace of adoption and use of the standards throughout the mortgage industry."
MISMO develops data transfer protocols that span the $12 trillion residential and commercial real estate finance industry. MISMO is the premiere standards development body for the real estate finance industry.
The following representatives were re-elected to positions on MISMO's Governance Committee for the 2007-2008 term:
- Chris Anderson , President – Gallagher Financial Systems Inc. (Category: Origination Technology)
- Jim Cooke , Of Counsel – Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll, LLP (Category: Commercial Vendor Third Party Servicer)
- Ron Duff , Senior Vice President – Fiserv Lending Solutions (Category: Servicing Technology)
- Dave Erkes , Application Architect – GMAC Residential Holding Corporation (Category: Lender)
- Nancee Gorenstein , CMB, Project Manager – Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corp. (Category: Mortgage Insurance)
- Roger Gudobba , Senior Principal/Strategic Business Development Manager - VMP/Wolters Kluwer (Category: Technology Vendor)
- Michael Levine , Senior Vice President of Servicing Integration - Wells Fargo Home Mortgage (Category: Lender)
- Shannon Lloyd , Director – Fannie Mae (Category: Government-Sponsored Enterprise)
- Kelly Romeo , Director of Technology – American Land Title Association (Category: Service Providers)
- Wendy Sadeh , Vice President, Information Technology – Bridger Commercial Funding (Category: Commercial Primary Market Participant)
Contact ALTA at 202-296-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.