Freddie Mac Board Members Re-Elected At Annual Meeting
May 3, 2002
McLean, VA - At its annual stockholders' meeting today, Freddie Mac's stockholders elected 13 directors to the board, including Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Leland C. Brendsel and Vice Chairman and President David W. Glenn.
The other directors elected are:
- George D. Gould, Vice Chairman of Klingenstein, Fields & Company
- Thomas W. Jones, Chairman and CEO, Global Investment Management and Private Banking Group (a division of Citigroup, Inc.)
- Henry Kaufman, President of Henry Kaufman & Company, Inc.
- John B. McCoy, Retired Chairman of BANK ONE CORPORATION
- James F. Montgomery, Chairman and CEO of Frontier Bank
- Shaun F. O'Malley, Retired Chairman of Price Waterhouse LLP
- Ronald F. Poe, President of Ronald F. Poe & Associates
- Stephen A. Ross, Professor of Finance and Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Donald J. Schuenke, Non-Executive Chairman of Allen-Edmonds Shoe Company
- Christina Seix, Chairman, CEO and Chief Investment Officer of Seix Investment Advisors, Inc.
- William J. Turner, Co-Manager of Signature Capital, Inc.
In addition to the 13 stockholder-elected directors, five directors of the corporation are appointed by the President of the United States. Re-appointed in April were: Cesar B. Cabrera, Michelle Engler, David Gribbin III, William D. Powers, and Catherine L. Stepp.
In a meeting of the Board of Directors immediately following the stockholders' meeting, Leland C. Brendsel was re-elected as the Chairman of the Board of Freddie Mac.
In other business, the stockholders ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as independent public accountants for the corporation for 2002.
Source: Freddie Mac