PRIA Elects Officers and Directors
|September 17, 2013
During its Annual Conference in Minneapolis, Minn., the Property Records Industry Association (PRIA) elected seven directors in three categories for two-year terms on the Board of Directors.
- Larry Burtness, recorder, Washoe County, Nev.
- Kathi Guay, register of deeds, Merrimack County, N.H.
- Val Wood, chief deputy recorder/clerk, San Diego County, Calif.
- Charlie Epperson, chief technology officer, SigniaDocs
- Karl Klessig, president, Corporation Service Co.
- Zachary Zaharek, vice president/senior corporate counsel, First American Title
- Mark Ladd, director of channel sales, Simplifile LLC
Directors continuing for the second year of a two-year term include:
- Mary Louise Garcia, clerk, Tarrant County, Texas; and Kim LeGate, chief deputy of operations, Davidson County, Tenn., representing the recorder segment
- Kelly Romeo, vice president, American Land Title Association, and David Ewan, underwriting counsel, Westcor Land Title Insurance Company, representing the business segment
- Joan McCalmant, recorder, Linn County, Iowa, and Scott Moore, vice president of sales and marketing, Fidlar Technologies, in the at-large segment
Ewan will serve as PRIA president in 2013-14, Burtness as vice president, McCalmant as secretary and Ladd as treasurer.
“I anticipate a very productive year for PRIA,” Ewan said. “With our new strategic plan approved and shared with the committee and work group chairs, this board is eager to begin the work of bringing these goals to fruition. We are on the threshold of some very exciting initiatives and I am pleased to be at the helm of this dynamic organization.”