Can't Make it for the Entire Event? Get a One-Day Pass
ALTA's 2013 Annual Convention kicks off in a week, but you can still join us at the beautiful Breakers in Palm Beach, Fla.
The Annual Convention is the place to be to learn the latest trends in the marketplace including info about the integrated mortgage disclosures that will replace the GFE and HUD-1, implementation of Best Practices, gain needed continuing educated credits, network with hundreds of industry professionals to grow your business and interact with vendors.
Online registration is closed, but you can download the registration form and fax it to us 888-329-2582 or bring it to the convention. If you can't make it for the entire conference, one-day passes are available for $400/Member or $450/Non-Member.
Here's a look at some key general sessions that you can't afford to miss:
Thursday, October 10
- ALTA President Frank Pellegrini and ALTA CEO Michelle Korsmo will talk about new developments impacting the industry—including Best Practices and the CFPB’s integrated mortgage disclosures—and discuss why proper implementation of policies and procedures is just as important as the development.
- Tommy Spaulding, a world-renowned speaker on leadership who is the former president and CEO of Up with People, will talk about how building genuine and authentic relationships will maximize the success of your company and help ensure others share your vision.
Friday, October 11
- Dr. Stan Humphries, Zillow’s chief economist, will offer his thoughts on the housing market and what level of appreciation we can expect over the next few years.
- Rich Horn of the CFPB, Ben Olson of Buckley Sandler and Leslie Wyatt of SoftPro will analyze the CFPB’s proposed integrated mortgage disclosures and explain how the new rules and forms will impact the closing process.
Saturday, October 12
- Jeff Noel of the Disney Institute will share how to implement a comprehensive training strategy and why this is vital to maintaining a competitive edge.
- Incoming ALTA President Rob Chapman will share his vision for the Association over the next year and explain why it’s important to share with others the important role the industry plays in the real estate transaction.
If you can’t make it to the Convention or want others back at the office to join the conversation, join our Virtual Conference as we will stream live video of the general sessions (Due to Disney policy, Jeff Noel’s presentation will not be streamed). The first airing will start at 9:00 am ET, Thursday, Oct. 10.
We also have a robust schedule of professional development sessions planned during the conference, many of which provide CE/CLE credit. Click here to review the entire schedule.
As an added benefit, attendees will have the opportunity to record a short message about their company that will be included in a one-minute video promoting the benefits of title insurance. Don't worry about what to say. We will have a script prepared to aid you in the recording. To schedule a time to record your Personalized Marketing Video, please visit the ALTA Registration Desk at Annual Convention.
Don’t forget to download ALTA’s Smartphone application for the Annual Convention. If you downloaded the app previously, simply update it for this year. The Apple version is pending approval. Follow us on Twitter for info about the Convention. If you “tweet” about what’s going on make sure to use #ALTA2013.