Reverse mortgages are controversial, yet remain relatively obscure to many. Title and settlement agents can acquaint themselves with the information needed to analyze and advise clients about reverse mortgage products and to act as a settlement agent in connection with a reverse mortgage closing during the 2009 ALTA Annual Convention, being held October 21-24 at the Breakers in Palm Beach, Florida.
What you will learn:
Why you need to learn:
- the pros and cons of reverse mortgages;
- unique practical client situations that are either well served or best avoided by the product;
- the impacts of reverse mortgages on entitlement and needs-based programs;
- emerging trends in reverse mortgage fraud; and
- ethical dilemmas
How you can learn:
- Volume of Home Equity Conversion Mortgage products has spiked 520 percent over the past five years;
- Americans age 62 or older hold an estimated $4.3 trillion of home equity;
- Only about 1 percent of this market has been penetrated, which means there’s significant opportunity to grow your business in this channel.
- Register today for the 2009 ALTA Annual Convention
- Attend the Professional Development session “The Reverse Mortgage: Panacea or Poison?” from 2-3:15 p.m., Oct. 22, presented by The Fund’s Philip Holtsberg, Robert Rohan and Jim Kearn.
Take a look at the ALTA Annual Convention Registration Brochure online.
For additional information please contact the Meetings Department, by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 202-261-2942.