Title 101 Online Course
Title 101 is primarily designed for new or less-experienced title employees and others seeking a basic knowledge of the title business and its unique terminology. Candidates for this course include: receptionists, administrative staff, new hires, searchers, examiners, closers, and sales and marketing staff.
The online format is very convenient and provides students with easy access to course content and immediate feedback on chapter tests. The courses are self study - students read a chapter and take a test. Most students complete a course within two or three months. The maximum time limit is one year.
Title 101 Objectives
- Introduce the student to the basic principles of the land title industry
- Acquaint students with the title industry's unique terminology
- Develop a solid foundation of title insurance knowledge for the student
Online Course Format & Completion Timeline
LTI's Online Course materials and testing are delivered via the Internet. This format provides LTI students with convenient delivery of course content and immediate feedback of chapter test scores. The courses are self study - students read a chapter and take a test.
Most students complete a course within two or three months. The maximum time limit is one year.
Table of Contents
- Introduction. What is a Title?
- Necessity of Land Title Assurance
- Title Exams/Title Searching and Abstracting Public Records and Title Plants
- Abstract and Title Plants
- Title Examinations—Methods and Procedure
- Land Descriptions
- Title Insurance Industry
- Development of Title Assurance. What is Title Insurance.
- Principles of Underwriting
- Escrows and Closings
- Approved Attorney and Insured Closing Service
- Forms of Title Insurance Commitments and Policies
- Title Insurance Rates
- Title Industry and Related Trade Associations
- Federal Agencies and Instrumentalities
- Development of Title Business
- Management - Leadership
Ready to Enroll?
Click below, proceed with registration and checkout. Your enrollment processes through our database overnight.Â The next day, you can access your online course by visiting the ALTA Land Title Institute Online and start learning!
Try Before You Buy!
Certificate of Achievement for Graduates
A suitable-for-framing Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to each student who completes the course with an overall average of 70% or higher.
Questions? Please contact the Education department at email@example.com or call 800-787-2582 for more information.