ALTA Creates Best Practices Task Force
|March 8, 2013
ALTA President Frank Pellegrini appointed 16 industry leaders to serve on the ALTA Best Practices Task Force.
This Task Force is charged with reviewing the Association’s “Title Insurance and Settlement Company Best Practices” and help members navigate through the changing business landscape.
In addition, the Task Force will:
- Study the real estate settlement, escrow accounting and information security process and provide the ALTA membership with timely information and advice.
- Monitor lender and title industry compliance trends related to the safety and soundness of the settlement process.
- Develop, solicit, review and publish standards and procedures for complying with the Best Practices
Membership on the Task Force is split evenly among agent and underwriter representatives and is chaired by ALTA’s Immediate Past President Chris Abbinante. Members of the Task Force include:
- Chris Abbinante, Fidelity National Financial, Chicago, IL
- Stewart Morris Jr., Stewart Title Guaranty, Houston, TX
- John Hollenbeck, First American Title Insurance Company, Santa Ana, CA
- Diane Evans, Land Title Guarantee, Denver, CO
- Herschel Beard, Marshall County Abstract, Madill, OK
- Dan Mennenoh, H.B. Wilkinson Title Company, Galena, IL
- Mary O’Donnell, Westcor Land Title Insurance Co., Orlando, FL
- Mark Budzinski, Old Republic National Title Insurance Co. Minneapolis, MN
- Rich Patterson, Connecticut Attorneys Title Insurance Co., Rock Hill, CT
- John Biggs, Investors Title Insurance Co., Chapel Hill, NC
- David Townsend, Agents National Title Insurance Co., Columbia, MO
- Anne Anastasi, Genesis Abstract, Hatboro, PA (ALTA past president)
- Brian Pittman, Independence Title Company, Austin, TX
- Craig Haskins, Knight-Barry Title, Milwaukee, WI
- Cynthia Blair, Rogers Townsend & Thomas P.C., Columbia, SC
- Andy Maloney, Nashville Title Insurance Co., Nashville, TN
You can send suggestions and questions to the Task Force by emailing email@example.com
. If you would like to learn more about the Best Practices, please go to www.alta.org/bestpractices